My Simple Steps To Keeping Pets Clean
As a normal human being, you must be aiming to live a healthy and fit life. There are many things which you can do to live such a life like having a proper diet plan or indulging in different exercises etc. Yes these things are important however there is something else as well which can keep you healthy and that something is having a nice and friendly pet. There have been studies which tell us today that having a nice relationship with an Animal can provide you with significant psychological and health benefits.
An Animal Is After All An Animal
You can purchase a nice pet for yourself; however remember that an animal is at the end of the day an animal. You cannot keep it simply as a normal member of your family; on the contrary you need to keep into consideration its hygiene aspect. The first and the foremost thing which comes in Hygiene is cleanliness. You need to keep your pet clean both for its own sake as well as yours.
There many things that come under the cleaning aspect however here I will touch only upon the bathing aspect. Normally people consider dogs, puppies or cats as their pets so it is very much understandable that we will only discuss these two animals.
Bathing A Dog
Here some of the tips that can help you in the bathing of your Dog
- It is preferable that you should bath your dog at least once a month
- If your dog has an oily coat then you should take it for a bath at least once a week
- If you have a dog with a coat which is water repellant in nature then do not take it for a bath regularly
- It is highly recommended that you should brush your dog before you actually take it for a bath
- Do not use very cold water for your dog. Similarly very hot water is also not healthy. Keep a balance between the two and treat your dog with lukewarm water
- Initially your dog will resist bathing however be calm with it and eventually it will understand that you do not intend to harm it.
- There are many companies out there who offer dog shampoos. Try to purchase the most recognized brand of your country in this regard. Clean your dog with this shampoo.
- Rinse the skin of the dog thoroughly and ensure that no traces of the soap are left on its body
- Air dry the dog, if you really want to use a blower then consider using the one which has been designed specifically for dogs.
Bathing A Cat
- Bathe your cat while talking with her in a nice and calm voice, this is necessary as some cats try to get rid of the tub
- Be gentle and if it is the first time then do not clean the cat totally rather you can start of by making the hands and the feet wet
- Use a bit of shampoo to clean the cat. You can start off with the neck ending up with cleaning the entire body
- Ensure that the shampoo does not enter into the eyes, ears and nose of your cat
- Just like dogs ensure that no traces of shampoo is left on the cat
- Wash the face with wash cloth and water
- Use a towel to dry your cat, gently press to get the water out from its fur
You can use the hair dryer as well however do not set it as too hot